Redneck Review

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Commercials That Annoy Me

If you read my blog much, you know that I am a TV addict. That
means that I see way too many commercials. And some of them
are just plain WRONG. For example:

That kid in utero that tells his mom to stop shoving peppers down
her neck. Uh uh. Talking fetus = WRONG.

The people who are uncomfortable in their clothes due to needing
fabric softener. They look like they are wearing crusty hair
mummy-wrappings. Even though it is animated, it is gross. That
lady sitting on the ground and scooting her butt like a dog is just
OH, SO WRONG.

The close-up of a mattress and sheets, and the person diving into
some slimy sludge of cast-off body cells. Uh, no. I don't want to
know about that. WRONG TO THE 10th POWER..

I don't watch these through to the end, so I don't even know
which products to boycott.

On the bright side, here is my current favorite: Wendy's Spicy
Chicken Sandwich. People are dying for water in any form.
They slurp it up from a flower vase, a lawn sprinkler, a water
cooler, an aquarium, and a punctured water bed. The tag line:
"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the chicken."

2 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said…

    I totally agree about the one about fabric softener! I saw that for the first time yesterday, and it irritated the mess out of me! It wasn't just the horrible animation, or the lady scratching her butt on the floor (though that was a highlight), it was a combination of a lot of bad things crammed into one 30 second spot that adds up to be one extra stupid commercial. I HATED that commercial. THANK YOU for telling the world how stupid that commercial is!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Redneck Diva said…

    One of my favorites right now is the one where the chick is on a reality/dating type show called "Choices" and she has to decide between all the sides for her Wendy's combo. Oh gosh that cracks me up the way she said "Caesar side salad!" When we were at Wendy's the other day Abby said, "Choices, Mom, choices. What'll it be? How about a Caesar side salad?" and said it just like the chick in the commercial did. It was too funny.

    I've never see the butt-scooting fabric softener lady, but I'm actually kinda glad about that.

    I agree, the body soil Clorox commericals are just wrong in so many ways.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home