Redneck Review

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Can You Say "John Deere?" Posted by Picasa


This is the John Deere corner. That's the door on the left
that leads downstairs. I'm glad we got a picture of the fan
that has never been cleaned. It has been in our old house
near the chat dump (lead dust, anyone?), to my Steelville
classroom, my current classroom, and here.

There's my grandma's wicker picnic basket, and some old
student desks that Hillbilly Grandma got from her old school.
The wooden high chair is from an auction. I don't know why
we needed that, since our boys had a plastic one, and were
grown out of it by the time this chair joined the family. On the
end of the shelf is a bottle of some kind of alcohol that my
other grandma gave Hillbilly Husband. Yeah....let's make sure
to store the really flammable stuff in the loft of a tin barn that
might reach...oh, I don't know....maybe 150 DEGREES in the
summer.

Tomorrow...the last corner of the BARn Loft.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    This BARn is bigger than my house, can I move in? Please?
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Bert Ford said…

    Thank for the visit to my sight & thanks for the comment. I'm currently involved in a renovation project of my own. A turn of the last century, 2 story wooden box on the bad side of a nice town. Love your husband's bar. I'm currently looking into converting a ford convertible into a corner booth.
    Concerning my writing style; I consider myself a Vonnegutesqe John McDonald, heavily influenced by: Colonel Jeff Cooper, Easy Reader from Sesame St., and the homeless guy at the Big Star whose always askin' for Cocacola money.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rebecca,
    Sure, start packing. There is no toilet to clean more than once a day, but there are plenty of woods, and an outhouse about 50 yards away. (I guess that would be 45.72 metres for you, Bec.)You will have to bathe in the creek, but no one will complain about you playing air BASS guitar.

    Bert,
    I'm glad my HH doesn't read this blog, because that might give him the idea to mutilate his "collector truck" some more, and put it in the BARn loft. You have quite an eclectic influence on the writing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home