Redneck Review

Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm Baaaaaack!

I know what was wrong with my telephone...but I'll never teeeeeellllll.
Sure I will. Tomorrow. Maybe I can get a picture of my new phone
line.

I spent from 4:30 until 9:00 on this wonderful holiday Friday night
taking Hillbilly Husband to get an MRI. These medical people must
have been taking lessons in bad customer service from SBC. His
appointment was for 5:45. He got in at 6:45. Then it took an hour
for the MRI. Oh, and it was in the Festus/Crystal City area, which
is a 45 minute drive for us.

I topped off the gas tank by spending $ 42.97 for 14 gallons of gas.
We arrived home to a spectacular light show courtesy of Hillbilly
Mama's Chevy Blazer. It was parked in the yard with the flashers
going mad. I wondered if it had been doing this for 4 hours straight.
HM said about 20 minutes before we got home, she had been
digging in her purse for her keys, and must have set it off. She lost
the keys at the doctor's office Monday when she took #1 to see
if his arm was broken. She found them on a waiting room chair
when they came out of the exam room. Good thing "Fitty" is after
Redneck Diva, or HM might be inside a barrel right now.

So...#1's arm may or may not be broken. Doctor said to give it
two weeks, and if it still has a bone sticking out on the side, come
back and he'll x-ray it. HH has what I believe to be a torn medial
meniscus. Hey, I haven't been to med school, but I watch ER.
Oh, and he has pneumonia which he was x-rayed and tested for
two weeks ago, but his doctor's nurse "forgot" to call with the
results. Here a quack, there a quack, Redneckland is full of
quack quacks.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Rachel Croucher said…

    I've never understood why hospital staff make it so difficult for a simple appointment. They make you go back and forth and stuff you around with no regard to the fact that you, also, have important things to do outside of a freaking MRI. But they are doing you a favour, no matter how inefficient. Grrrrrrrrrr.

    btw., it's Rachy from Australia here, I'm just using the sign in name for a collective blog some friends and I recently started

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rachy,
    That's quite an attractive picture of a punkin you got there. That is how HH says he feels when he gets up and moves around on his bum leg.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    I never knew my former mother is now a doctor in your town.
    Easy test for a broken arm; Get your son to hold your hands, then pull away from you. If he has pain right up to his shoulder, his arm is broken.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Bec,
    She must have been there when I rolled my Chevy Chevette, too. I must have dislocated my shoulder and popped it back, because I couldn't lift my arm above shoulder height without excruciating pain. The doctor kept pointing to an abrasion near my elbow about the size of a quarter, and said, "Take aspirin for the pains."

    I tried a referred pain test with #1, where you tap on the end of a bone and see if they get a sharp pinpoint pain somewhere in that bone. He said it didn't hurt. Maybe
    it is just swelling. He fell on his wrist, and this is on the outside edge of the wrist, along the ulna.

    Diva,
    This week has been enough to drive me to drink again. HH always says I was a lot more fun when I was drinking. It did make his shenanigans more humorous than annoying.

    It's not like that x-ray would have cost them anything. We have insurance, so they could have gotten an outrageous amount for it. For the $20 co-pay, I could have decided to take him in two weeks if it wasn't better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home