Redneck Review

Thursday, September 01, 2005

SBC. Chant With Me

SBC. Sucks Big C..... Well, I just can't go there. But feel free to
chant if you agree. Here's my saga:

Aug 30 Report static on line since Aug 26. SBC says it will be fixed
by Sept 1, 8:00 pm. Leave Hillbilly Mama's number if questions.

Aug 31 SBC message: Line was checked and no problems detected.
Still have static, even on their message.
Call back and tell SBC problem is outside the house, we checked it.
SBC says they won't come alone with a loose dog in the yard.
I said the line was clear for now, but static comes and goes. If it is still
clear in a.m., I will call and cancel repair. Hillbilly Mama on call to
drive out and babysit dog.

Sept 1 Static again. Hillbilly Mama waits home for 2nd day in case
they need her. 3:50 SBC calls Hillbilly Husband (home early from
work) and asks if line is clear. HH can't make a decision, so tells them
to call back at 4:00 for me. 4:15, I call SBC. They say ticket was
cleared since no problem on line. I said no, still have static. SBC is
sorry, they'll have to put in another repair ticket for Sept 2 by 8:00
p.m. Oh, and they may not be able to call Hillbilly Mama, because
"many of our repairmen don't carry cell phones in the field."

All right, you lame excuse for a phone company! It is ooooonnnnnnn!!!

Let me tell you people something...I live in the freakin' country. A dog
in the yard? It is 10 acres. That dog could be anywhere in a 4 square
mile area. He doesn't even bark! My brother-in-law used to work as
a meter-reader for Union Electric (that's before he became mayor).
Do you know how he dealt with dogs? A Louisville Slugger, baby!
He wasn't afraid of any dogs.

OK. What kind of a phone company has employees who can't be
reached "in the field?" It's a phone company! They can't give their
employees cell phones? Here's an idea...they just plug that equipment
into any telephone thingy they find, and they can call in. Isn't that a
novel idea?

I can't go on. It is too bizarre. A phone company that can't reach its
employees during the day. And I pay for it. Time to get out the tin
cans and twine again.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said…

    Wow. I thought Bellsouth was bad.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Raehan said…

    Funny you mention that.

    I'm having issues with SBC this morning.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Alexandrialeigh said…

    Cripes.

    Just don't get their DSL service. It sucks.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    Be thankful you don't have Telstra there in the USA. Here is is majority govvernment owned (For another month or so) but then it is sold off. People here are still waiting for phone lines to be installed 4 years after putting in an order! I wont go on, it gets much worse.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Miss Ann,
    I had Centel one time in the middle of the Deliverance-like south central Missouri, but SBC sucks more.

    Raehan,
    Good luck. Maybe they'll get it fixed in 4 days like mine.

    Alexandrialeigh,
    My son has been begging for DSL, but I am not going for it.

    Bec,
    Why don't you buy stock in tin cans and twine?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home