Redneck Review

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Be Considerate!

I do not tolerate whiny people well. Today my students and I had
a little conversation:

She made me stop running in the hall. I can't get another tardy.
Then you shouldn't be late.
I've got 8. One more and I get kicked out for two days.
Then be on time.

Mr. Y gives a tardy if you don't turn in your homework. That's not fair.
Then turn in your homework.
Well, he knows we'll forget it sometimes. Why can't he be considerate?
He's making you be responsible.
Nobody likes him anyway.
His job is not to be liked. It's to make sure you learn Language I.
Hey, that's what he told us!
Why should he take late work? What if all 140 students did that?
Should he have to take time to look up the assignments on computer
and enter them for everyone? Why don't you be considerate?
Well, I had mine done but it was in my locker, and he gave me a tardy.
It's a shame you already had 7 others, isn't it?
Why can't we get a petition to get a teacher fired? We got in trouble
last year when we tried it with Mr. Z.

Hmm...I don't know...could it be...because you used school time and
disrupted learning?
I don't know why they kick us out for tardies or missing too many days.
Last year I missed a lot!

That's nothing to be proud of.
They tell us we have to be here, and then they kick us out. But if you
say you're going to drop out, they beg you to stay. How much sense
does
that make?
A school has to have rules. It's called school, not Do Whatever You
Feel Like Whenever You Want To Do It Place.
I don't know why we can't.
Because then we would graduate people who can't hold a job because
they can't get up and go to work if they don't want to.

Well, it's not fair to give tardies for not having your work.
Didn't he tell you this the first day?
Yeah, he talked all about it.
Then why should it be a problem unless you plan on not turning in
your work? That's pretty much what you're saying, isn't it? I've heard
enough about how everything isn't fair. Be on time, turn in work, and
you won't have to worry about it!


MAN! Some people just don't get it!


5 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Redneck Diva said…

    I would so much rather have the conversation about why we don't kiss the dog on the lips or why we don't draw on our "princess makeup" with markers or why we don't wipe boogers on our brother than the conversation you had today.

    I applaud you, oh great and mighty Hillbilly Teacher Mom person.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    But Miss. Whhhhhhyyyyyyyy?

    I hope I don't get a Tardy for that.
    HooRoo
    BEc

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Diva,
    Why don't we kiss the dog on the lips? Because he licks his ass and balls? Hey, that princess make-up's gotta stay on! Wiping boogers on the brother leads to revenge, which sucks time out of my busy schedule.

    Nailpolishblues,
    My teacher friend had a saying: "Kids! Can't live with 'em, can't eat without 'em."

    Bec,
    I think I'll give you a tardy. Just because I can. All hail Hillbilly Mom, Queen of the Tardies!

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    For giving me a Tardy, I've got my own back at you, it is all on my blog.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Bec,
    Been there, done that. Now you are on double-secret probation. Did you get a copyright on my face?

    I am so thankful that I did not sing for you. Then you would be giving audioblog concerts and merchandising my T-shirt and CDs.

    I'll get you, my pretty! And your little dog, too! Oops! I had a movie flashback. Don't think you're safe. I can be very patient in exacting revenge. I have been shopping online for 55-gallon barrels. Why? That's for me to know and you to find yourself in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home