Redneck Review

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I'll Be Moving Soon

I am going to start a new blog. Just because I can. It's getting hard to
find things around this here blog. Too much junk that I just don't want
to throw away, you know. So I'll do what any self-respecting redneck
would do when the house gets dirty--move.

I'm not skipping out on the rent. I pay my free rent every month. I am
not hiding from anyone. I just wanted a new place to clutter up like
this one.

It seems like only April when I moved in here. Oh. It was April. One
of the first people to welcome me was Misha. Which was kind of
funny to me, because she welcomed me from way down under in
Australia. So did Rebecca, who entered me in her Big Blogger
contest without my knowledge. I soon came to expect such things from
Rebecca. Somehow I stumbled onto Redneck Diva (sorry if that left
a mark), and I have been looking over my shoulder for "Fitty" ever
since. I can't remember how I found DeadpanAnn, but I claim to know
her from back in the day when she was still unemployed and living in
her mother's basement. You've come a long way, Baby. Oh, I forgot
that you gave up the smoking thing. Rachel found me in the early days,
and look what she's made of herself. I think she's on her third blog that
I know of. She's much more political than I am, and also politically
incorrect sometimes. That makes me start hee-hawing. Sometimes
she uses a little alias. I won't blow her cover. I think I did that a while
back. These are the people on my blogroll that I can count on to visit
me every week or so. Regular company that I don't have to pick up
the house for. I know others visit me daily, but they are not as vocal.
You don't think they are scared of me, do you?

There are some who drop in every now and then. I visited them daily
in the summer, when I was a slacker. Now that school has started
again, I don't make it quite every day, but I try. I glommed onto them
by kidnapping them from other people's blogrolls. I have others that
I've bookmarked but haven't rolled yet. I'll fit them in sometime,
after I'm finished unpacking.

I'm going to miss a few things around the old homestead. Walk with
me. We'll take a reminiscing little stroll around the grounds. I will get
you my new address tomorrow, unless you are the stalker type and
can find it on your own. It's not that hard, really. Even I could do it.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Babs said…

    "My, people come and go so quickly here."

    I look forward to visiting your new home.

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    So when you move, will you do it in true Hillbilly fashion and just put it all in the back of the pickup and cart it across town?
    I'm sure it will take a lot to move everything, better stop off for a few Sonic Cherry Diet Cokes on the way.
    HooRoo
    Rebecca.

    PS: AS you can see, I'm back commenting, but just taking it easy for a bit still.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Queen Of Cheese said…

    Can I come rummage through the crap your leaving behind? I did that with my friends house this weekend and got a really cool toilet paper holder she was tossing out. Love being from the sticks, TP holders are passed down from generation to generation.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger MamaKBear said…

    As long as I know where you are, I'll be reading! Hope you stop by my lil space now and then too. :)

    Good luck with the move, don't go straining yourself now! lol

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Thanks for visiting, y'all. I am answering your comments in my Monday post. No, Rebecca, I didn't steal your idea. But I would have if I'd thought of it. Not that you'd mind. I'm sure you're much too busy winning some contests.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Rachel Croucher said…

    I will try to remain politically incorrect as possible for you... being a teacher I am sure you understand that every person has a talent :-)

    Anyhow, I hope your move doesn't restrict the dead straight quality of your blogging, the fact that when I read your posts I feel like I'm there watching what's going on

    Instead of being soppy or anything, how about all of your fans unite and scream

    BRING IT ONNNNNNN!!!!

    (If I were hoping this name to be an alias that no one knew about I would offer a plane or bus ticket to the person most geographically close to me to slap the retardation out of my brain! Basically I'm just too lazy to change users when I blog:-))

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rachy,
    I agree that everybody has a talent. I am still looking for mine. Though I am pretty good at BRINGING IT ONNNN!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home