Redneck Review

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Audio Blogging?

I gave it a try. I really did. And it was very easy. Now I know why.
Do you see an audio post here? Me neither.

I went to Audioblogger. I registered. It was very simple. I followed
the instructions. I even had my resident 10-year-old computer genius
looking over my shoulder. I went out on the porch to call in my audio
post on my cell phone. That's because it was not an 800 number, and
because my cell phone doesn't work very well in the house.

I dialed, put in my phone # and password #, stated my message after
the tone, hit the pound key as instructed, and VOILA! Nothing. I
phoned in my audioblog at 9:55 am central daylight time. It is now
3:38 pm central daylight time. So after 5 and a half hours, I don't
know where my audioblog is. Have you seen him? If you do, tell
him to come home for supper. No wonder it was so easy--because
I got nuthin', folks.

I did some Googling, and found out that over 24 hours had elapsed
before some people had their first audioblogs show up. And that
must mean I am one of them, because often I hear people say,
"Some people" as they look at me intently.

I may give it one more try. Or not. I can not let it interfere with my
Big Brother TV-time tonight. Even if my audio post magically appears
later, audioblogging is not for me. I need instant gratification, baby!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Redneck Diva said…

    Yikes, sounds entirely too long and drawn-out for me! I'll keep checking back to see when it magically appears!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    HI Hillbilly Mom,
    When I did my audio blog, all I did was record the file, convert it to MP3, then uploaded it as a file to my blog. If you need some help with the conversion, just let me know.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     

Post a Comment

<< Home