Redneck Review

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Too Much Time...Cont.

Here are the results from my May 28 Hillbilly Mom Movie Challenge:
Drumroll, please....and the winner is: Rebecca (with 7 and 1/2 correct).
How she managed to watch the same bad movies I do is a mystery
to me. I will have to give 2nd place to DeadpanAnn, 3rd place to
Alexandrialeigh, and Miss Congeniality to Karbonkountymoos.
We will have another challenge on Saturday. Here are the answers:

1. "Lets face it girls...I'm older and I have more insurance."
Kathy Bates to some annoying young things, in Fried Green Tomatoes.

2. "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."
Ted Levine, the nutcase, to that poor kidnapped girl he was planning
to make a skin suit out of, in Silence of the Lambs.

3. "I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot!"
Dolly Parton to Dabney Coleman, in 9 to 5.

4. "Zip it, Old Man River, or I'll break your hip."
Adam Sandler to his girlfriend Vanessa's wrinkly old boyfriend, in
Big Daddy.

5. "Well, if that's what a beautician does, then I'll take mine rare."
Kurt Russell to Meryl Streep, referring to Cher's girlfriend, whose
job was to put make-up on corpses, in Silkwood.

6. "What are you doing with that blade?"
The guy about to get killed by Billy Bob Thornton, in Sling Blade.

7. "Is there anything I can do?"
"Is there anything you can do?"
"I can drive that loader over there."
Sigourney Weaver and Al Matthews, in Aliens.

8. "I can see your dirty-pillows."
Piper Laurie to Sissy Spacek, using her crazy religious fanatic's
word for "breasts" as Carrie was getting ready for prom, in Carrie.

9. "I shot off his upper lip."
"What were you aimin' at?"
"His lower lip."
John Wayne and Glen Campbell in True Grit. (You were close,
Rebecca, but The Shootist was the sequel, and Rooster Cogburn
was the character. My apologies if it was released under another
title over there.)

10. "I thought you were dead."
"I get that a lot."
Ron Perlman (?) to Sigourney Weaver, in Alien Resurrection.
(I forget which character said this to her. Of course it refers
to her character, Ripley, dying in Alien 3.)

2 Comments:

  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Rachel Croucher said…

    now I feel like an idiot because I didn't even get one! Good on you girls :-)

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    I look forward to the next round. Oh and don't worry a new BB challenge is on the way tomorrow.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     

Post a Comment

<< Home