Redneck Review

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Feel Like I'm Coming Down With a Meme

Well, well, well. Seems as if DeadpanAnn has infected me with
the book meme. Since I have not had my book meme vaccination
yet, I guess it will just have to run its course.

1. Total number of books I've owned.
Heavens to Betsy! I don't have that many fingers and toes. A
rough guesstimate would be over 2000. I have a whole wall
in my office that's a bookshelf, plus a bookcase by the pool
table, a bookcase in the living room, a bookcase at my mom's
house, milk crates in the barn, and 3 boxes ready to give away.

2. Last book I bought.
That would be a 4-way tie. I just bought them at Goodwill
yesterday. (Be careful what you buy, you might have to tell
about it in a meme.)

Sein Language Jerry Seinfeld
(Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Postcards From the Edge Carrie Fisher
(Got home and saw that I already had it. $0.75 wasted!)

A Circle of Friends Maeve Binchy
(Never saw the movie, never read it. Looked interesting.)

Where the Red Fern Grows Wilson Rawls
(10 yr old son said, "I want it, but I'm not paying!")

3. Last book I read.
Josie and Jack: A Novel Kelly Braffet
A little bit V.C. Andrewish, in the style of Flowers in
the Attic, but it kept me turning the pages.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me.
Don't look for the classics here, people. These are the books
I like to read over and over. And if they happen to have been
on Oprah's list...deal with it!

The Stand Stephen King
I love it. On all levels.

A Map of the World Jane Hamilton
She dares to say what many of us think. Sometimes,
wouldn't you like to be locked up with nothing to do
but read, and let Hubby take care of the house and kids?

Dream Dictionary: An A to Z Guide to Understanding Your
Unconscious Mind Tony Crisp
The reason why I don't tell people my dreams--they might have
this book. I've read other dream books that were a lot of hooey,
but this one is always dead-on for what I have had on my mind
when I dream them.

Kick Me: Adventures in Adolescence Paul Feig
I laughed till I cried. This is the guy whose so-called life
the TV show Freaks and Geeks was based on.

House of Sand and Fog Andre Dubus III
Loved the book, hated the movie. I like it because both
people are right, yet no solution can be reached.

5. People I'll infect with this book meme:
Rebecca
Vavoom
Misha
Hey guys, maybe you've been vaccinated and you're immune...
maybe not!

6. DeadpanAnn's extra question:
Books I've thrown across the room because they sucked that bad:

The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty Kitty Kelley
Meeeoooow? No, me-snoooorrrre. I gave it up on page 43 of 705.
I agree with the point she is making, but get on with it already!

I Am Charlotte Simmons Tom Wolfe
A wolf in boring clothing. I hit the wall at page 23 of 676,
because I'm really just not that into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home