Redneck Review

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Too Much Time On My Hands

I haven't done anything interesting today. What do I do when
there's nothing to do? Watch movies, of course. Oh, they're not
good movies, most of them. But they are the ones that I enjoy
and watch over and over. So as a special treat to you, we are
going to have a Hillbilly Mom Movie Challenge.

The object of this little contest is to see how many movies you
can name correctly from a quote in the movie. I don't think anyone
will get them all, but I may be underestimating you. Actually, I don't
think anybody will even play, but give it a shot. You might be the
only one, and in that case, you win!

I will post the correct answers and the winner(s) names on
Wednesday, June 1. That's all you win--your name in my blog.
Hoo hoo! (Homer Simpson laugh) How can you pass up such
an opportunity? You only have to name the movie, not any
characters or actors. To play, post your answers in the comments.

Now let's begin the contest. "Anybody? Anybody?" (OK, you
are already playing. That is Ben Stien as a history teacher in
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.)

1. "Let's face it girls...I'm older and I have more insurance."

2. "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."

3. "I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot!"

4. "Zip it, Old Man River, or I'll break your hip."

5. "Well, if that's what a beautician does, then I'll take mine rare."

6. "What are you doing with that blade?"
"I'm gonna kill you with it. Mmm..hmm."

7. "Is there anything I can do?"
"Is there anything you can do?"
"I can drive that loader over there."

8. "I can see your dirty-pillows."

9. "I shot off his upper lip."
"What were you aimin' at?"
"His lower lip."

10. "I thought you were dead."
"I get that a lot."

11 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said…

    Oh no - I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to movies.

    How about, "Karen, why'd you do that?"

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Alexandrialeigh said…

    Wow, I suck. I only know one for sure -- number one is Fried Green Tomatoes.

    I think number 4 is from Billy Madison or some other Adam Sandler movie...

    And I think 8 is Austin Powers.

    But other than that...I'm stuck.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    This is going to make me late for work, so I may need a note from you to say sorry, but here goes.

    1. Fried Green Tomatos
    2. Silence of the lambs
    3. Nine to Five
    4. Big Daddy
    5. Mambo Italiano
    6. Sling Blade
    7. Aliens
    8. Demolition Man
    9. Had two titles, "The Shootist" or "Rooster Cogburn"
    10. Alien Resurrection

    So How did I go?
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Hmm...

    Karbonkountymoos,
    You are hereby sentenced to watch bad movies for 24 hours with no break. And how did you know that I had a friend named Karen that we always used to ask that question to?

    Alexandrialeigh,
    You have one right. Try again next time. Oh, and there WILL be more. That is a warning, not just a promise.

    Rebecca,
    How do you happen to watch the same bad movies that I do? You are the current leader with 7 right. If you are late for work, I will not be held responsible. But if they fire you, then you will have even more time to watch bad movies!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said…

    #1 is Fried Green Tomatoes

    #2 is Silence of the Lambs

    #3 Don't know, but that's funny.

    #6 is Slingblade.

    Hey I got 3!

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    Which numbers did I get wrong, so I can try to work them out. You must bare in mind though, the movies may have had different names outside of the USA release name.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rebecca,
    I can't tell you the wrong ones, but two of the three are odd numbers. For one of your answers you are very close, but I don't think it's a problem of the names of the movies being different, since I know the movie you named. You'll just have to wait until Wednesday to find out. But I was shocked that you had so many right. On Saturday, I'll do another one and make them harder.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    I look forward to the next batch.
    Here is a film quote for you to work out, a bit of a toughy:
    "Sorry I'm late, I stopped to get you flowers, oh and I just ran over your cat in the drive. Is that a lamb roast I smell?"
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rebecca,

    I don't know that one. The closest I can guess is Bridget Jones's Diary, because it sounds like something Hugh Grant would say, and something that would happen to Bridget Jones.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    It is from the film "The Boyfriend", which was a short film I made at uni. It would have been a tough one to get, as it only had local festival release.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rebecca,
    Well, seeing as how I have not left Redneckland for years, it would have been hard for me to see, now wouldn't it? Just for that, I will have to make the questions harder this week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home