Redneck Review

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Ritual of Summer


Preparing the Redneck Pool.

It's been a lazy morning around the redneck hillbilly mansion.
Hubby and the boys have been filling the pool for summer.
It will be several days of begging and whining while we wait
for the well water to warm up and be swimmable. Oh, and
the boys will be whining, too.

Though not too noticeable in this picture, the boys were
finishing their redneck breakfast of root beer and Milky Way
bars. Actually, cereal and milk were on the menu, but Hubby
took them to the barn for something, and they got into his
not-so-secret stash.

Being rednecks, they couldn't just walk the 100 yards to the
barn--they took the 4-wheeler. If you look closely, you will
see that redneck Hubby has added a milk crate to the handlebars
of his 4-wheeler. I didn't know what it was for until #1 son said
Hubby had given #2 son a ride in it. That did not go over well
with me, because how dangerous is that? Why do I make him
wear a seat belt in the car? He might as well sit out on the hood.

I took this picture from the back porch. I am glad that my kids
are little pansies and would not dream of jumping from the porch
into the pool. I have students at school who say they jump off the
roof of the house into the pool. I hope their pool is bigger than
this one. It is, of course, a Wal-mart pool. It is the 18' one, that
is supposed to be 48" or 42" deep. #2 son will have to wear a
life jacket. He has no fat to float him. He is notorious for drinking
pool water.

I don't know why they think it is exciting to sit and watch a pool
fill up. To me that is about as exciting as watching cars go around
and around a track. Ooops! Sorry NASCAR fans.

It must be a redneck thing.

Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said…

    We had one of those pools. A tornado ripped it away right before my eyes. Really.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Rachel Croucher said…

    my God Ann, that must have been so freaky... I am unable even to think about it...

    As for watching a pool fill, I don't understand that either. My father, the penultimate hillbilly, moved to the city in 1998 and still insists on hosing down the porch... the freaking porch! We have water restrictions in Australia, hence spraying down the porch with water is actually illegal, but nooooo, he still insists on watering down the back porch in his underwear

    Whaddya gunna do?!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    My Hubby sits on the back porch in his underwear, and the front porch, too. He doesn't water the porch, though. That would require effort.

    I don't think a tornado will get our pool. The first thing it would do is slam the 5th-wheel camper in our front yard into the living room.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I'm taking bets now on how long until the water colour matches the fishpond colour. All bets are open, odds will be listed.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     

Post a Comment

<< Home