Redneck Review

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

New Favorite Saying

My new favorite saying is brought to you by my 10-year-old son,
courtesy of a trip to the Pee Wee Baseball game Monday night.

We were headed home, and the following conversation occurred:

#2 son: GameBoy, please.

Me: You're not getting it. I said if you didn't stop picking up dirt,
you couldn't have it.

#2 son: No you didn't.

Me: Yes I did. I told Dad to tell you when he came over to 3rd base
and said to quit throwing dirt and get off the base.

#2 son: Well he didn't. And nobody ever throws me the ball anyway.

Dad: I didn't tell him that. I didn't hear you say it.

Me: And anyway, you're in trouble for trying to take over 1st base
and not moving when the coach told you to.

#2 son: Well nobody every throws it to me on 3rd. So I went to 1st.

Me: That other boy plays 1st. Where was the boy that rolls in the dirt?

#2 son: I think they took him off.

#1 son: He probably didn't come because it rained, and that would
spoil his dirt-rolling, Imbecile.

Dad: That's it. You're going to your room when we get home!

#1 son:
Mo..om!

Me: It's your own fault. We tell you all the time not to call names.

#1 son: Well, isn't this just one big not-listening party!

That's it. My new favorite saying: "Well, isn't this just one big
not-listening party!" Yep. It pretty much describes life around
the old Hillbilly Mansion.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Le laquet said…

    Lol! Oh, that one needs to go back at him often!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Sorry, what was that? I wasn't listening. Too much of a party going on around here. :-P
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Ha! Sometimes I wonder why I even talk, since NOBODY listens!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home