Redneck Review

Friday, June 03, 2005

Haunted Bedroom?

Here is the first tale of my haunted hillbilly mansion. I will tell one
each day until I run out of my true horror stories.

We built our house and moved in when #1 son was almost 3.
There was no #2 son yet. #1 was playing in his bedroom one
day, chattering away. I hollered from the kitchen, "Who you
talking to?" #1 came out and said, "Oh, just Tony, that little boy
I play with sometimes." I tried to act like that was perfectly
normal, but the hair on my neck stood up. #1 went back to his
room and resumed playing.

I thought, maybe he just has an imaginary friend. At supper
that night, I said, "How about some for Tony?" #1 looked at
me like I was crazy. "He's not here." Ohhh..kaaay.

#1 never talked about Tony, only to him. And only in his room.
Another day he came out of his room talking about 'George Henson.'
"Who do you mean, George Henson? I don't know anybody
with that name." "You know, Mom, that bad guy that burned
up all those people in that hotel." WHAT? "No, honey, I don't
know about that." Where was he getting this stuff?

#1 refused to sleep in his bedroom. This didn't surprise me,
because even in our old house he wanted to sleep on the couch
every night. One thing I noticed about his new bedroom: it was
always cold. We moved in during November, so I asked Hubby
to adjust the vents to get more heat to that room and less to
some others. Didn't work. In the summer, it was still cold. The
room faces west, just like our living room. We could be sweltering
from the afternoon sun in the living room, but #1's room was chilly.
Again, Hubby adjusted the vents. Again, no change.

#1's bedroom did finally stop being cold. When? When we moved
a certain piece of second-hand furniture from his bedroom to the
basement right under his room. Then some funny things started to
happen in the basement.

That will be tomorrow's story.

And we will still be having the Hillbilly Mom Movie Challenge.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Alexandrialeigh said…

    Weird! So maybe it's not the house that's haunted, but that piece of furniture?

    You inspired me to post my own haunted house story, by the way.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Alexandrialeigh,

    I think so. That is tomorrow's story.

    I went back to read your post. I was there earlier today, but you just had your Friday list up then.

    I've heard that animals are sensitive to this stuff, and that little kids don't have that filter yet that says "this is not normal."
    I wouldn't believe in it if I had not experienced things myself.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said…

    That's scary. I wish I had not read it today though because I am going to stay in a hotel tonight, and I always feel creeped out when I'm alone in hotel rooms.

    Your house is gorgeous. Is that a wrap around porch I see? It's hard to tell in the pic. If you ever want to unload the haunted hillbilly mansion you can just give it to me. :)

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    DeadpanAnn,
    Yes, it's a wrap-around porch. The 5 cats and 1 dog love to run laps in the middle of the night.

    I never can sleep in a hotel. Not because it's scary, just because it's different.

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    HI Hillbilly Mom,
    To use a stereotype, are you sure it is not Moonshine causing these events? :-P
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rebecca,
    I do not imbibe moonshine. However, my husband brought some back from a business trip to South Carolina, where they must be hillbillier than us. He carried it ON THE PLANE in a Mountain Dew bottle. Bad Hubby! I suspect it was highly flammable. Good thing that was before 9/11 and the strict searches, or hubby might have been thrown in the slammer!Then he stored it in the cabinet for the boys to think, "Hey, Mountain Dew!"

    Misha,
    Looks like you need a make-over, girl! Your picture is scarier than anything I have seen in my house!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home