Redneck Review

Monday, May 23, 2005

Problem With My Blog

Testing, testing, testing, you old Redneck Blog!

OK, I think we fixed it. Last night about 12:30 a.m. I tried to
go back to my site and I got a bunch of html codes and no
blog. I was in desperate need of #1 son, who was spending
the night with Hillbilly Granny. I called him first thing this morning,
and he said, "Don't worry, we will get it fixed." Wish I was 10
again.

His idea was to try a new template, but that didn't work. Then
he saw the site feed thingamajig with the Atom.xml doohickey
at the end of it, and said, "Go there." After a look at that, he
told me, "It's something about your pictures. Delete those picture
posts." The first one did nothing, but deleting my second picture
of the blackberry field fixed it. Of course, I lost all my links, like
he had told me I would when I switched templates.

Sooo...we'll see if this works, or if he's just a 10-year-old kid
on a power trip. I have a few bugs to work out with the link
spacing, and I might switch templates again, but I'll be back

5 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Welcome back Hillbilly Mom, I was worried last night when you had vanished.
    Nice to see you are still e-alive. :-)
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Ha ha! "e-alive." You crack me up! Well...this is a fine coincidence. I was visiting your blog and leaving a comment when that unfortunate zapping of my blog occurred. I had just asked for you to change my little picture thingy, and when I tried to jump back across the ocean, my home had disappeared. Oh...I could still find everyone else's blogs, but not my own. I came back to yours and saw that you had put in my "cowasocky" picture. You stole my soul, didn't you? That must be how I disappeared from the face of the Blogger. That'll learn me,(as we teachers say.) Be careful what you wish for.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said…

    So are the links the only thing you lost when you switched templates? I ask because I really want to change the template of my own site but backed out when blogger's little warning came up and said "you will lose any customizations." I wasn't sure what all that included and thought it might mean all my posts would disappear. Looks like yours are intact. And I made the links list! hooroo, hoorah, et cet er ah!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    I had to put my links back in, but everything else stayed: all the posts, my profile, my archives. I did have to put my statcounter back in, though. Even though my main page went down last night, I still had all my posts in the "edit post" section. Changing the template didn't solve my original problem, but I didn't mind putting the links back in because I finally got back everything else. Just by deleting a picture. Bad picture!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home