Redneck Review

Thursday, May 26, 2005


My Redneck bathroom. Rednecks and Nascar go together like....

Well, this picture has stayed here a little while. It was up last night,
then had disappeared by morning. My Hello wouldn't work last
night, so I had to copy and paste. That's how I posted it, but then
it disappeared. Don't know what's going on.

At my computer genius's suggestion (10-year-old son), I
deleted Hello that he had installed from a CD, and downloaded
the newest version. Nope, that didn't work.

I tried to copy and paste again, and it worked one time, then
disappeared when I logged off and went off line. (Someone let
me know if it shows about 10 pictures on their computer, because
I tried many times to post a picture.)

I then tried a system restore, and locked up in the middle of it.
Tried again with a different restore point, which completed the
system restore, but did nothing to help my problem.

I am using Mozilla, but couldn't bring myself to use IE.

So...as a last resort, after my little genius gave up, I disabled
McAfee. HALELUJAH! Hello worked like a charm. I guess
something went haywire yesterday when McAfee loaded the
latest update.

I had also been having trouble with getting into Blogger
comments and Haloscan on some sites, but not all of them.
My computer acted like it was blocking pop-ups.

I know this is kind of boring, but maybe it can help someone else
if they've been having trouble posting pictures.

My computer is on its last legs, so it might just be my system with
a problem. I am running Windows ME on an HP Pavilion that is
about 5 years old. I have something wrong with a rundll file that
makes me crash daily. I can't even listen to Media Player and be
on internet at the same time, or I lock up and crash. Something
with wuaboot shuts me down.

OK, now I think I am so smart because I got a picture on my
blog again. Watch it disappear later, and make a big ol' redneck
fool of me. I am going to try and post another picture, just to
show this thing who's boss! Wish me luck.
Posted by Hello



5 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said…

    Oh my god, it looks like my house!

    My boyfriend and I are NASCAR fanatics.

    I don't think I have ever gone through a Sunday with out a race... unless of course it's a saturday night race...

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger FantasticAlice said…

    Good choice in decorations!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    The bathroom looks fantastic, a lot of love and care has gone into that one. Now what you need to do it really annoy hubby is draw up plans to redo the bathroom with teddy bears, and Anne Geedes photos, that will get him worried.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Rebecca,
    Indeed, he would have a stroke. I do like those fruit and vegetable babies, though.

    Fantasticalice,
    Hubby watches a lot of races, but I am just not that into it. He bought our son a go-kart when he was 3, and marked off a track for him in the field. He wanted to enter the boy in go-kart races when he was 5, but I said no. I might have destroyed a career before it even started.

    Chewy,
    If you saw him sitting on the porch in his underwear, you would have retracted earlier.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Redneck Diva said…

    There is just no possible way I could take a crap in that bathroom. No freakin' way. I need calm, quiet colors and serenity. I'd develop ADHD in there! But I have many friends who would move into your bathroom in a heartbeat! Very creative, I gotta give you points for that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home