Redneck Review

Monday, May 23, 2005

Create a Jaffle: Big Blogger Challenge #6

First of all, you must be asking (the two of you who read me
regularly), what happened to Big Blogger Challenge #5? Oh,
I got a homework pass for that one, since I have been responding
to the other challenges.

Secondly, you say, "What is a Jaffle?" Well, I have never heard
of it either, coming from Redneckland where pickled pigs feet
are a delicacy. According to Big Blogger Rebecca, a Jaffle is
what we call a grilled-cheese sandwich. Now I don't know if
that is really what it is, or if she is just making a fool of my poor
redneck behind. For all I know, a Jaffle could be a snippy,
annoying little lapdog. But I hope not, because BB Rebecca
says she is going to cook the one with the most creative recipe.

Here are my recipes, though I don't know how creative they
are. At least they are something that can be eaten, and won't
leave an embarrassing puddle on your carpet.

Bread and Butter, of course, for the toasting part on all recipes,
and:

#1 "The Spice Grills"
PepperJack Cheese
Jalapeno Peppers
Salsa

#2 "The Yankee Griddle"
Crispy Fried Bacon
Scrambled Eggs
American (HooRah) Cheese

#3 "The Poor White Trash"
Velveeta Cheese
Ripened-on-the-vine Tomato Slices
(FYI, Rebecca, Velveeta is a pasteurized, processed, cheese
food. That is close enough to being cheese, isn't it?)

#4 "The Brilliant Invention of Hillbilly Mom"
Rye Bread (I love the international flavor of this one!)
Corned Beef
Swiss Cheese
Sauerkraut
French Dressing
(OK, so this is a Reuben Sandwich. Shhh...everybody....
Rebecca may not have heard of this before and will think
I am really creative.)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hi Hillbilly Mom,
    Very creative suggestions, I'll be trying them out at some stage.
    You are correct that a Jaffle is in a way a grilled cheese sandwich., Basically you can get a Jaffle maker, which is kind of like a 1970's version of the George Foreman grill. You butter the bread on the outside, two slices, put the bottom one in the grill, place all the ingredients on that slice, cheese on last, then the other bit on top, and press down.
    Hopefully with that explaination, anyone who is reading this blog, from anywhere in the world, will know what we are talking about.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Rachel Croucher said…

    trust me, they are called Jaffles, well Down Under that is!

    I am definitely trying the last recipe, it sounds really strange but on the same hand really tasty

    I will get back to you on that one :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home