Redneck Review

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Answers to Movie Challenge #6

The winner of this week's movie contest is Rebecca, with 8
right. Other results were le laquet and deadpanann with 1, and
thanks for tryin' Alexandrialeigh with 0. This week was kind of
hard. The clue that this was rerun season meant that I have used
these movies before, just with different quotes. This Saturday will
be different movies again.

Here are the answers:

1. "Earlier today, I heard that a young girl had fallen down a well.
I had hoped it was you." Strother Martin, the horse-trader, to
Kim Darby in True Grit.

2. "How many fingers am I holding up?" "Orange."
Diane Weist to the "Mathmagician" in Little Man Tate, after he
had fallen off a horse and hit his head.

3. "Who'd wanna rape you that you ain't already f****d?"
Cher to Meryl Streep, in Silkwood, arguing over Cher losing her
key and wanting the door left unlocked.

4. "Receptionist? Dark hair? Talks like she's chewing her face?"
Christina Applegate to Joanna Cassidy in Don't Tell Mom the
Babysitter's Dead.

5. "They mostly come at night. Mostly."
"Newt" to Sigourney Weaver in Aliens.

6. "Plug it up! Plug it up!
Girls in the locker room to Sissy Spacek in Carrie.

7. "Piedmont, South Dakota. Tell anyone, and I'll have to kill you."
Maria Bello to Piper Perabo in Coyote Ugly.

8. "Don't let The Man get you down."

Rory Cochrane in Empire Records. A couple of you guessed
Office Space for this one. It may be there, too, but I haven't seen
it all the way through.

9. "Kill him. Kill him a lot."
Paul Reubens in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

10. "See, here's how it works. The train moves, not the station."
Jon Lovitz to "Marla Hooch" in A League of Their Own.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    HI Hillbilly Mom,
    I think I will give someone else a go next week, other bloggers might think this comp is rigged if I keep winning. Oh and the answer to the movie quote I put in there was "Citizen Kane", my favourite movie of all time.
    HooRoo
    Bec

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    Well, at least I guessed in the right era. I haven't seen Citizen Kane.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Alexandrialeigh said…

    That's it. I quit!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said…

    What? You can only get better after this week!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home